- Concerto for Violin and Orchestra - Allegro molto
- Concerto for Violin and Orchestra - Andante misterioso
- Concerto for Violin and Orchestra - Allegro maestoso
- The Girl From Guatemala
- Concerto for Flute and Orchestra - Largo; presto
- Concerto for Flute and Orchestra - Adagio; cantabile
- Concerto for Flute and Orchestra - Allegro con spirito
Works composed by David Chesky.
Chesky's Concerto for Violin and Orchestra and Concerto for Flute and Orchestra infuse the 400-year-old European concerto tradition with its American parallel - the jazz soloist interacting with a rhythm section. The Girl from Guatemala is based on a text from the Cuban liberationist poet Jose Marti, it is an impassioned ode to unrequited love.
Anthony Aibel - Conductor
Tom Chiu - Violin
Wonjung Kim - Soprano
Jeffrey Khaner - Flute
David Chesky and Dave Eggar - Producers
Barry Wolifson - Recording engineer
Nicholas Prout - Mastering and editing engineer
Rick Eckerle - Second engineer, production coordinator
This album was recording using one Soundfield microphone.
This album was made with the purest audio path, using the very best microphones, mic preamps, analog-to-digital converters, recorders, and cables with careful attention to detail to produce the most transparent and natural sound available today.
"The restless composer has had one hand in jazz, one in classical. Here he brilliantly blends the two, adding ethno-folk into the mix. Musically audacious, and one of the finest recordings you'll ever hear, period."
- Michael Fremer, Musicangle